Sunday, July 19, 2009

Entertaining Moments

I ran in a 5 mile race yesterday, the men's run and was entertained by a few things:
1. I passed a lady around mile 1 just as she asked if she had 2 more miles to go, and the race official told her no, that this was a 5 miler, not a 5k. Needless to say she was not thrilled at running 4 more miles, swore, and stumbled on.
2. Still at the run...........an old woman, had to be around 85 passed me with these dagger elbows that she swung crazily out the sides and she kicked my tail. That is what I love about running. It is extremely humbling!!!! I did manage to catch her later in the race and picked up my pace at the end so I could finish 30 sec. in front of her. Go me........these legs weren't built for running, but I do enjoy it so. Wherever you are Old Lady...........you rock!
3. This one is not for the faint of heart..........I saw a grown woman in her 20's pick her nose and eat her boogers....I am not kidding. I was in shock the first time I saw it and so like the fender bender on the side of the road, I had to a second look and yup, she did it again and charmingly, a third time as well. Not sure where to go with that one, just was amazed.
4. Abigail is a dare devil. She took on all the rides that she could at the Bear Paw festival and LOVED THEM. (pictures to share soon)
5. Abbi dress up Dakota this week. She put a funnel on his head and said, "It's Bubba's birthday", and a towel on his back and then said" Bubba's a princess". His is our little princess and we love him for all of the torture that he endures from Abigail.
6. Oh yeah, and we sold our house...but you already knew that.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Great job! and EWWWW (on the boogers)! Were you the only one by her when she was doing it? So gross!!

Kritta22 said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about our talks. I'm sorry I didn't make it over to say bye to you guys!

I feel like we raised our munchkins together. Along with tyler. Just the CP punks! :)

I'm so excited you guys are off on new adventures too!

Keep in touch! And if you are EVER in the New Mexico area...let us know...we'll chill! LOL

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear your house sold in record time. It's nice to know that there is still a housing market in some parts of the country!! Hopefully the homelessness isn't too horrible...just move in with Darcy...I am sure she wouldn't mind if you pitched a tent on the roof of the motorhome ;o)

Chablis said...

hahaha! That booger eater is great. You see em' around every now and then.

What an inspiration that old lady is!

Congrats on selling your house!! I wish I had a huge house with extra rooms to share.