Warning: this post not for the weak of stomach.
It is the morning after our "poopy" day and as usual, things are always funny when you look back on them. Hopefully this post doesn't make you sick.
Our poopy day began at 6:15 am. with our lovely dog Dakota. Normally Koda patiently waits for us to let him out in the morning and never complains about his bladder being stretched to the max. This should've have been my first clue, he started whining about 5:30. I thought he was super excited to play with my sister's dog, Bruno and so lovingly I yelled, "Koda, get back on your bed." This continued until the fog lifted from my head and I thought, "hmmm, wonder if he has to go to the bathroom. He did eat his body weight in food since being at my sister's house." Sure enough, but too late. As I chased him down the first flight of stairs, he was already running with his bum tucked underneath him, struggling to keep it all in. After the second set of stairs I caught up to him...........taking the biggest poop I have ever seen on my sister's floor. (sorry sis). The look of shame was enough to make me feel bad, but the amount that came out made me feel awful. He must have been in so much pain. After I let him outside I went up to my wonderful husband and told him that Koda had done, and since I am married to the best man in the world, he got out of bed and started the 30 min. process of cleaning up the dump. (Darcy's floor's are as good as new).
Thought the fun was over: oh no, there is more.
After one poopy diaper and church, we head home. It was a lovely drive, stimulating conversation, sleeping kids, when we pulled over to go potty in Girdwood. (I had to go potty). Didn't know Koda did too. Long story short, as we were about to pull out back onto the highway, we heard an explosion from the back of the Durango. Koda let out the biggest fart that exploded poo all over the back of the car. We hurriedly parked and I started dry-heaving from the smell. Again, my super hero husband got out of the car and got Koda out to assess the damage. It was the nastiest thing we witnessed or smelt. Rizz even had to clean off Koda. We threw away the dog bed, a sheet, and almost the dog. (kidding, not his fault). There was still poop on bags and whatever else you could imagine. Rizz did make a good point that at least his butt was not pointed toward the girls.
We made it home changed two more poopy diapers and had a good evening. What a day.
I once purchased a card that said: "it is better to be happy than crappy"
I am just so happy that I have a husband who cleans up crappy.
Thank you my love. You are the best!!!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my Heavens...
one of those would have been bad but two in one day!!
Yes, your husband is pretty amazing!
Oh it takes a special person to clean up doody spray from a dog..... yeck! So sorry for you guys. At least no kid blow outs were involved. That is the extent of our poopy problems. Hope Koda is feeling better!
Sooooooooooo gross, but I totally understand that! Our Rottweiler did the same kind of things. I thought I could smell dog poop forever, infact I think I got a whiff of it as I was reading your story. What a great husband!!
Rizz must truly be a saint!! That sounds completely horrible. My dear Eli will actually vomit at the sight of poop. Doesn't have to smell or attempt to clean it, he simply sees the poop and it's all over...he pukes his guts out. Hope Koda is fully recovered!!
WOW!! What a great story, not to live, but to live to tell. :) I have a vague recollection of something like this happening before . . . maybe it wasn't as bad, but didn't he do that once before in your car?? Anyway, your little girlie Kenny is so cute. She looks a lot like her sister I think. Can't wait to see you in June!!
This completely cracks me up, and only in a "I know my turn is coming" kind of way.
You might need to invent Doggie Diapers for those long car trips.
If it makes 'ya feel any better, twice in the last few weeks I've been giving Steven a little "air time" to give the privates a break from the diapers. Twice we've had some good poo piles left on our carpet. Oh, but the look of pride and relief on his face when he realized he didn't have to walk around in it.
Post a Comment