Sunday, October 12, 2008

18 months!!!

18 months going on 5. She is so inquisitive, active, and all around crazy. She is the best thing. We are just a little fearful for her little sis that is going to be here in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, soft will be the theme!
Two weeks ago, enjoying a one week of fall. I swear, global warming is a myth! Abigail loves the slide. We live right next to an elementary school and Abbi hates to leave the playground.
Our fearless warrior. Every time she got the bottom of the slide, she would sign and say "more, more". Her dad is so great with her and loves to play as much as she does, so fat old pregnant mom took the pics.
Preview of Halloween. Thought I 'd include some preview shots of our little chicken, since Abbi's Halloween is sure to be messed up with the arrival of her sister. She loves the costume almost as much as her dad does. Rizz just wants to buy costumes for her to wear instead of clothes.
Her favorite cuddle spot at the end of a long day of playing and I mean long. She only sits for 30 min. a day during Super Why. Other than that, it is go, go go.
Our big girl on her bean bag chair eating some lunch. Yummy, PB&J. Notice the pinky. Ever the delicate eater she is. We love to watch her act like such a big kid. Can't believe how times flies.
Yes, snow! Ugh! October 12th, and snow. Abbi LOVES it. I am going to have to find the best snow suit in town. Whenever it has been snowing over the past couple of weeks she wants to go out in the snow. Can't complain, we love it even when we just want to veg on the couch.
Our little stinkerpot today. Rizz said one moment she was unloading the towels, and the next thing he looked over to find her in the drawer. She was quite proud of herself.

Well, I have to say, that Melinda and Jill must be a little delusional to think that my prego self is cute, but if you add the waddle walk.........there might be some cuteness. It is hard to be lady like when I am coaching my games from the bench, crossing my legs at this point is quite the chore. Thanks to all of you for you positive comments. They really do make me smile and I remember Melinda telling me once to enjoy the time that I am in........so I try.
Another source of endless smiles..........my adorable 18month old daughter. She is constantly cracking us up and amazing us with her smarts. I noticed that she started to recognize letters, so I braved the Target opening and found her some flash cards. She can now identify and say, A, B, C, H, I, M, N, O, P, Q, S, U, and W. It is crazy. She loves it. I am hoping for a smooth transition with baby number two. Abbi has taken over the baby's chair and lounges in it. Should make for some tears of joy and tears of utter panic. =) We are doing weekly visits now with my doc. I will try and be more frequent blogging since the baby is coming so soon. We are at 37 weeks, doc thinks I might go early. That would be lovely! I go again on Wed. so I'll let you know if there is any good news. Lots of love, smiles, and hugs to all.

5 comments:

Kritta22 said...

OH all my happy thoughts of an early baby are working! I'll have more coming!!
Abbi (or Abby) is sooo stinking cute! And so smart! I can't believe she knows her letters! You go girl!

9 of Us said...

Love the pics. What a crazy kid! I am sure she will be a great big sister...I'll have to give her some pointers. ;) J/K

jill 'E' jam said...

Hang in there Bobbi!! The pics are so cute. I told Melinda I was glad to see her boys talking like Charity... not much more than "Blah, ah, gah, ba-ba," haha! Maybe Abbi will have to give them all pointers. :)

Loi said...

Wow - learning her letters already? Is there a gifted preschool you can enroll her in? All pregnant women are GORGEOUS - and remind those of us who were blessed enough to go through it what an amazing miracle it is. When the swollen everything gets you down, just keep reminding yourself how lucky you are to be chosen to bring a child into the world. Lucky, lucky child! I hope to see you this Friday at the game!

Anonymous said...

What a smarty pants!! At this rate she will be reading by this time next year. I need to get Allie up there so Abbi can be her mentor.