Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Going to the Zoo with My Wild Animals

 We took advantage of a nice day and headed off to the zoo.  We are sure glad that Grandma is close by and can come on adventures with us.  You can see how much Kenny loves her Grandma.

While looking at the tigers, Abigail lost her shoe.  This is a shot about 20 feet above her shoe.  She was in tears.  I was going to leave it after discovering the zoo had actually taken precautions after the Binki incident and I couldn't get close to the shoe.  
 Grandma to the rescue.  She tracked down this nice zoo keeper who was kind enough to go get the shoe.  He found two more while looking for Abbi's.  He ended up going back to "play" with the tigers as one of them was stalking him while he was retrieving Abbi's shoe.

Checkin' out the animals.

Kennedy and the lama having a stare down.

I love lamas.  I think because I love the movie Emperor's New Groove.  I am not saying that I want to own one, they just bring a smile to my face.

Abigail being silly.  

Finley was a trooper through it all.  Whoever invented binkie's was a genius!!!
 The Mason Girls.  Oh, how I love my little monkeys!

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I'm gonna have to google binki accident.
What a fun day!!!

Cathie said...

Those are sure cute little monkeys! I am laughing that he found two other shoes also! I will also have to look into the binki accident!

Susan said...

I can't believe how big everyone is getting!! I agree about the binkies- a total lifesaver:)

Chablis said...

Yay, for the zoo! Even though the Anchorage zoo leaves much to be desired, but the kids don't know. :) Oh, Finley! Give her an extra snuggle for me. Kenny looks really grown up too!
I'm so glad you found a zoo keeper to get Abbi's shoe! Phew! That would have been tragic, especially since it was a pink croc!