My Dearest Koda Bear,
You were known by many names: Bubba, Koda, Dakota, Koda Bear. You were such a wonderful part of our family. Thank you for your selfless love and adoration. A hole has been left in our home.
I remember the day I found you. You were huddled up in the corner of your kennel waiting to be rescued from a life of brutality. Immediately I knew, you were supposed to be with me. We were instant friends. It was just the two of us for a little while until the day we met dad. You fell in love with him as soon as you met him, which for you being afraid of men said a lot! As soon as dad sat on our floor, you licked his face as though he had used A1 steak sauce for his aftershave (and we both know dad doesn't shave that often. ;). Luckily for the both of us, dad became the next addition to our family. Dad taught you all of your fabulous tricks. At first, you hated learning how to come, but eventually all of your tricks made you into the envy of the neighborhood. Your bark was definitely louder than your bite. You have always been such a tender guy. You have always done everything to please. You graciously accepted your first demotion when Abigail came along with love and acceptance. When Kennedy came along, you were such a respectful gentlemen and continued only to love, even when our girls pulled your tail, laid on you, or tried to ride you. You just put up with it. Thank you. Thank you for being so devoted to our family. Thank your for the laughs, the cuddles, the support, being my running/hiking buddy. We will miss the way your eat your own splashes in the lake, you whine at everything, how you run from tiny puppies, the way you kiss Kenny's face to keep her at bay, the way you follow us up the stairs at night to go to sleep, the tough guy bark anytime someone came to the door, and always keeping our floors nice and clean when the girls were eating.
I got this quote from Marsha and loved it. I thought it was so perfect to describe how much love and happiness you have brought to us through you life.
"Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of memories."
Love you Bubba. We miss you so much it hurts. Thank you for everything! We couldn't have asked for a better companion.
8 comments:
This breaks my heart Bobbi. I'm so sorry that he's not with you anymore. He was such a sweet dog. Love you!!
I am sure eternal families include dogs. He was awsome and will be missed.
It never gets easy losing a beloved dog companion. I know from experience that the only thing that helps fill the emptiness in your heart is another dog. Koda will never be forgotten and will always be loved and missed. I loved him so much even though I was just his Grandma. Mom
Oh Bobbi, I am SO SORRY. Koda really was the envy of dogs! After I met him I went right home to tell Keith what manners and tricks he had! VERY impressed! Shoot, my heart aches for you. XOXO
Awww man. So sorry my friend. Sad day for sure.
I hope you find peace in knowing that he is finally free of pain and all that stuff he was going through. You were a trooper through it all, and I mean ALL!
By the way, that is a super cute family picture...where did you get them done, your sister's?
koda, you were the ONLY dog that my kids loved to be with and laughed their heads off!! all the tricks, treats, and 'stay koda' being yelled out of meg's mouth!! thanks for the fun!
so sorry to hear that you guys!
So well written, Bobbi. Always remember that he loved you just as much as you loved him. His blog posting would have been full of thanks for treating him like a prince and making him an active part of the family. Thanks for letting him play with the girls and give hugs and kisses. When he found you, he thought the world couldn't get any better - but it did with Rizz, and Abbi, and Kennedy. You filled HIS life with love and he thanks you for that!
Post a Comment