Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Potty Princess!!

Hip, Hip, Hooray..........Abigail has learned to go potay!
After a rough first week of sitting on the potty for an hours at a time, being trapped in the Northway Mall Bathroom for an hour, peeing on the floor; we made it!! Abigail is an awesome peeing on the potty girl. We are still getting comfortable with poo, but she is getting pretty good at that too. We are pretty much diaper free, only during the night.

As you can see, we are super excited about our big achievement! Way to go sis!


I had to get a shot of Abigail hair. I love this hair style, but only Rizz and I get to see it because it is the result of leaving her hair in tin buns all day. I love it!

Sis, we are so proud of you! Way to go big girl.

Cute story of the week for Abbi. As you know, we are big fans of word world in this house. There is an episode where Sheep is teaching Bear how to ride a bike and she sings her a song. Little did I know, Abigail knows this song by heart.

The other day, I was super frustrated that I couldn't get my bike to work so I could ride it. The girls were waiting patiently in the chariot while I got more and more frustrated. Conversation as follows:

Me: Urgh, sigh, urgh sigh

Abigail: What's wrong mom?

Me: I can't get my bike to work

pause

Abigail (breaks into song): "Don't give up, the more you try the better you get, the better you get, the closer you'll be to doing it right, keep trying you'll see, don't give up".

You can imagine the smile that spread across my face. I wish you could hear her sing it in all of it theatrics, but the message was so poignant that I just had to admit that I was schooled by my three year old.

5 comments:

jill 'E' jam said...

Hooray for your potty princess! What am I missing????? Cherry is THREE and nearly changes herself. Hmmm... maybe it's because I refuse to be caught somewhere for hours. I'm sure she'll be in undies before kindergarten ;D

You're awesome Bobbi!!

Chablis said...

Yipppeeeeeee!!!!! Congratulations. That is a major accomplishment for the entire family. :) Now, as much of a blessing it is, you'll be cursing "no diapers" everytime she has to go when your out and about!

Abigal is the sweetest. her encouragment made my day!

9 of Us said...

What a cutie! Come sing to me Abbi!

Cathie said...

Yay for potty training Abby - that is worth celebrating! I LOVE the song story. Oh how sweet! Isn't Alyeska such a fun get away?!? We are up for camping anytime!

Smedley Family said...

oh my gosh! that's so huge!!! yay abigal!!!!!!