Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dining Room Remodel!!!!!! It's finally here!

The long awaited finished product has finally arrived! You are about to go on a ride that starts in the early 80's and will land to you in present day. Buckle your seat belts!
First: We had to take down the wallpaper. I couldn't have done it without Melinda and Chablis. It took a whole day of all three of us working our fingers to the bone.
The Before.......................I know.........takes your breath away right? Take a good long look because it is about to disappear.

The horrid before ceiling. Ugh! Rizz knocked down all of the tiles, removed the bracing, added 2 by 4's, sheet rocked, mudded, you know all of the fun stuff. It so paid off! Wait til' you see the finished product!

I love this picture. Abbi was daddy's little helper. Doesn't she look like she is 12 here?
Abbi couldn't wait to help, so after Rizz finished the sheet rock, mudding and taping the ceiling, and all of the crown molding, Abbi was able to "help"
Hard at work

Extra touch the Rizz added to the trim on the ceiling. Didn't he do an awesome job?Wall adjacent to the stairs
Wall adjacent to the kitchen
Don't hate me because I found the perfect curtains for my dining room at half price. =) I adore them and feel very Chablis like when I look at them. What a great feeling!
All that is missing is the heat registers that I need to paint this week.

Don't you love all the crown molding?
I LOVE my chandalier!!! Best part, I got it half price!
Don't you just love it? I have to come up with wall decorations, but we can't help but stare at our first finished product. Awww, only too many to count to go.

8 comments:

9 of Us said...

Looking good Martha!

Chablis said...

Yay!! Isn't it SO fulfilling?! The drapes are perfect! It's all gorgeous.

Amy Mestas said...

It is so gorgeous! I love it. Can't wait to come over and play settlers in your new pretty room!

Anonymous said...

I love it! How did you do the squares? Thin molding? It looks great!! I need you to come help me...I'm challenged...

Dawn said...

Beautiful Bobs! I can't wait to see it too! :)
I love the colors you chose. . . Mmm chocolate brown is my favorite. We painted our bedroom the color, "cup of hot cocco" and I love it. :)

Cathie said...

Wow oh Wow! Very impressed! It looks awesome! I am amazed at what you guys can do!

Susan said...

So cute!! I love the girlie side of you:)

jill 'E' jam said...

I love, love, love your remodel. You've inspired me!