Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Kenny is 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to out beautiful Kennedy Autumn! October 30, 2009


Poor Kennedy didn't get much of a celebration on her birthday. Abigail had the flu and was puking every 15 min, I couldn't get off the couch to help her dad, and well.......she is still loved. =) She did get to wear a birthday shirt all day. We finally got to celebrate her birthday 2 days later.She didn't dive in, didn't think she would, be at least she tasted it. Daddy was so sweet. He decorated her cake and did a great job!
"Mom.......I think I only like the frosting."

Oh, our sweet, special, kind Kenny! You are such a little angel. You have turned into the nicest little girl. You are always smiling, talking, and boot scooting around. You put up with your big sister always being in your face. You love to torture the dog. You say: Ma-ma, mommy, daddy, abbi, Kod, dog, baby, quack-quack, splash-splash, bock-bock, and a ton of words that we are yet to understand. You are such a good baby and just love to play. Thank you for adding such love in our home!
A little assistance from mom.

Our birthday girl with her "Pa-pa"
Opening presents. Abigail picked out one for Kennedy all by herself and did a fairly good job of letting her actually have the present.
No, I am not putting weight on my bad leg here. Just had to get a pick of Abbi with her birthday hat on too.
Abbi...............she is so funny!!!! This kid corrects us all the time and the sad thing is, she is usually right. She as such a great imagnination and continues to astound us with the things she comes up with. She has been such a good nurse to me. She gets the door for me when I have to go to the bathroom, turns on the light, and asks...."are you okay sweetie? Can I help you hon? Are you okay honey?' Oh how we love our bright little Abigail.
Little Miss Personality

On a personal note: healing is going relatively well. The first two weeks have definitely been hard! From being in a drugged induced state, throwing up meds, sweating on the couch, getting the flu and being carried to the toilet, and not being able to sleep because of pain..............the past two days have felt like I could run a marathon ( which is a blessing and a curse because I would love to be off the couch and actually run a marathon instead). The Lord has been teaching me lessons of gratitude of service, patience (I always need that one), faith, and a love of the scriptures. One thing about being stuck on your bum, you have time to sit and read the good book. I have loved reading the Book of Mormon in more detail. The stories seem to be more alive this time as I have been reading (have to have the book done by December). I marvel at the strength of the prophets of old. Whenever a problem arises the question never is.....what should I do....it is what would the Lord have me do. What inspiring men they are! I am so grateful for the phone calls, meals, emails, babysitting (both of my children and myself), and prayers that I have received. Most grateful to My mom, dad, and Grandma Lynn. They have been taking their shifts in coming in early in the morning to be with me and pick up my babies for me. ( i have another 4-5 weeks before I can pick them up). My poor mother has been stuck with me for most every day almost all day for the past two weeks and even I would get sick of myself at some point. I am so grateful for her/their service and don't know what I would do without them. Thank you, you three! Thank you Melinda for taking Abbi and getting her out of the house (she is stir crazy), and thank you Chablis for rescuing me in time of need and providing so many bare necessities. Thank you Cathy for food and happy thoughts. Thanks to Amy for keeping me sane and checking on me and keeping me update on life outside and for food. Thank you Marsha for food and good thoughts. Thanks sis for listening to me and checkin' in on me. Phone calls are wonderful!!! Thank you most of all to my wonderful Husband who never gets a break all day, puts up with my constant requests, demands that I take it easy, and still loves me like I was the princess of his dreams. Thanks to all that I missed..........still getting my brain back.

7 comments:

jill 'E' jam said...

You inspire me! I can always look to you and feel uplifted and encouraged! Love you!

Kritta22 said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy!!

I hope you get better fast! sounds like recovery has been AWEFUL!! So sorry. Wish I was there to take the girlies.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys! Miss ya

Loi said...

Kennedy's hair is getting so long!
Have they made you start PT yet? When are they thinking? How's the pain levels now? Are they letting you put any weight on it yet? My first surgery I had to be non WB for 6 weeks and the second one - they encouraged it really quickly after surgery. Do you want me to come and teach you how to knit?

Susan said...

I can't believe she's one!! I'm glad to see you in a virtual way:) My classes have started again and I am struggling for any free time:( I'm thinking about you even though I'm not calling!!

Chablis said...

Oh Bobbi, you're so loved! Kennedy is so sweet and Abbi is just amazing. I love you all!!

Cathie said...

Bobbi! I have been thinking of you all the time! Bless your heart! Little Kenny is one! Crazy! She is so cute. I love that Abigail calls you Sweetie and Hon... you have great words at your house! I will be in touch! XOXO

9 of Us said...

Finally got online to check blogs. Thanks so much for coming down last weekend especially in your state. Glad you are on the down hill side of healing. Hope Kenny is crawling after her baby!