Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another Day Done in the AK Sun

Okay, for those of you not residing in Alaska at this time, I will shed a tear for you. It has been beautiful!!!!!!! Words can't describe.

Today I went running around 5:00 pm and almost cooked myself to death. I felt like I was running in Utah. Every sprinkler that I saw was teasing me to run through it, until finally I couldn't take it anymore......there is an awesome house at the end of Colgate road that has a fountain waterfall thing-a-ma-jig and I just couldn't hold back....I dunked my head in. Thank you good Samaritan neighbor. I thought heat stroke might be comin' on. I am not complaining about the heat, just giving you a feel for truly how hot it was today. And, to nail the coffin in the head.......it is a beautiful sunset at 11:04 pm. Lovely....lovely.

Really quick, I just want to journal about how much I love staying at home with my children. Often, this is seen more as a punishment than a reward in today's society, but I LOVE my job! As the saying goes for fisherman, so does it with motherhood, "The worst day of being a sahm (stay at home mom), beats the best day of work." My girls are so fun to watch and play with. I love going to the park, watching Word World, dancing in the front room, hearing Abigail sing in the car when we are driving somewhere. I almost cried the other day from her sweet singing. We were driving out to Chugiak and she began to sing the entire first verse of "I am a child of God". It was so precious..........

Thank you to my wonderful husband who works so hard for us and provides such a wonderful life. We are "so glad when daddy comes home" and love to play, play, play. He is the best dad and husband. Thank you to my girls for making me not regret leaving the "professional" world and being able to watch them discover new things every day. This truly is the plan of happiness.

I am done with my personal dump. Thanks for bearing with me. Happy sunshine to all!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous...not only do you get to live in the most beautiful place on earth but you get to spend every day with your beautiful children. Truly a blessing.

[Stacia] said...

I couldn't agree more! Doesn't it make you so grateful for those wonderful husbands that make it possible?

Mac and Starr said...

I second that! I was complaining the other day a little about a hard day at home and a friend suggested getting a side job....immediately I thought no way...are you crazy! My worst day beats by far the best day at work! By the way...we'll be up there in a week! We need to get together with the kids! *

Kritta22 said...

It has been beautiful!!! We can't believe it. It makes up for last year! :)
I agree with the SAHM is the best job EVER!

Chablis said...

I'm so glad you looked up my blog!
-It is truely gorgeous here! I love being able to go for a run at 9:00 at night! Being a sahm is awesome-though having a house maid would make me love my job even more!

That party idea is fantastic! I actually did a party just like that when I was Enrichment Leader in VA. It was SO fun. -k- I'll start brainstorming!