Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Ode to My Mother

My Mother........The Adoring Grandmother......My Friend


I don't think it is until you become a mother that you truly appreciate the one that you have. One cannot fully understand the sacrifice and unselfish love that a mother has for her child until she has her own pitter patter of little feet chasing her down the hall yelling "mom!". You can't describe to someone the sleep deprivation that fills you entire being when you have a new born, when your child is sick, or you are just plain worried about your child's future; you have to experience it. My mother always told me that I never would understand how much she loved me. Now I do, and I am so blessed to have a mother that loves me so. My mother has loved me so deeply and wholly throughout my entire life. She has ALWAYS supported me, through thick and thin. She has been my biggest cheerleader (also my most nervous......she couldn't take the close games. =)). She always cleaned up my puke when I was sick, to this day I wish my mother was around when I get really sick. She never complained.....just worked and worked more. She might have worried a little too much (still does)......but that is just an expression of her love. She dedicates herself to whatever she believes in with her whole heart and doesn't settle for anything less than her best. She will come over and scrub my floors if I need her to and is proud to show me her finshed product and not complain about the process. She makes me laugh, not intentionally most times......but she is unique and that makes her extremely loveable. She wears her heart on her sleeve. I know that I have not been as good of a daughter as she has been my mother. But, as I now watch and adore my daughters, I tear up at the knowledge of how much my mother loves me. It is almost overwhelming to know that someone loves you that much. I have been blessed in my life and a lot of those blessings are because I am the daughter of Pauline Souter. Thanks Mom! I love you!

3 comments:

9 of Us said...

Dude, you are making me look bad! :) Happy mothers day to you! Keep us posted on Kenny, she is in our prayers.

[Stacia] said...

What a beautiful tribute-your mom is really an incredible person!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother. I will agree that she is a beautiful woman full of love. I have thought of her as a 2nd mom my entire life and I thank you for sharing her with me all those years! Happy Mothers Day to both of you!!

I noticed Darcy's comment...what's going on with your sweet baby?