Monday, September 1, 2008

A Month in Pictures


It has been a LONG time since a post, so here is the quick update of the last month. I was able to go with my family to Valdez, leaving poor Rizz at home, for the first weekend of August. The weather was a little chilly, but we had a good time. Abbi and I even saw a black bear on one of our walks around town. The above picture is of the girls playing on the beach while the big kids we fishing for pinks. Don't worry, we weren't about to keep the pinks, just for fun. They were every where!


How cute is this hat?

Papa and Auntie carting the girls across the rocky beach. Those chariots are amazing! Abbi actually fell asleep on the bumpy ride. Jojo didn't like that because Abbi fell asleep on her.

Abbi's new thing, one of many this month, is to climb up into this recliner and look at books. She'll sit there and read/pretend read for 10 min. or so at a time. If you are ever around Abbi, you know that this is a pretty long period of time. She also likes to rock the recliner and the moving ottoman, which is kinda scary to watch.

This month is volleyball month. My team and I just got back from Nikiski, AK last Sat. night. It was my first two nights away from Abigail. She survived and so did I. It was sure great to be with her again. My team has been doing well. We won our first game against West and won the 6 team tournament in Nikiski this weekend. The girls had a good ol' time with the Nikiski pool, eating out, staying in a hotel, having a fire alarm go off at 3:45 a.m., and driving around with our fearless bus driver, Leroy.

This was also my first traumatic experience of being a mother of an adventurous girl. We had our first trip to the emergency room. Abbi was a practice with me and cut her nose on some bleachers. I was a mess!! After 4 long hours and some superglue, she was good to go. I am still getting over this one as her nose is still healing. She is doing great though. Everyone has been telling me this is one of many trips, but I am hoping for a couple of years in between visits.

Abbi going strong. Oh, did I mention she is walking everywhere that she can. This picture is of her running. She loves to walk!! She is a moving machine!

Superglue nose pics. She is such a big girl!

16 months and couldn't be cuter.

We went to the fair today and had a great time! Abbi LOVED the rides. She went on the merry-go-round, the super slide, the train, and the hot air balloons. Every time she got off she asked if she go do "more, more". She has quite the dare devil spirit.

She loves her ice cream, just like her momma.

Have a good time on the merry-go-round.

Abbi loved the animals and petted them all. She loved the cows, goats, sheep, and pigs. She just kept reaching in to give them loves.

Dad and Abbi leaving the animals, having a great day at the fair. Funny how much fun the fair becomes when you have a little kid. We got a photo magnet to mark the occasion and Abbi wouldn't let it out of her sight. Definitely have to go back next year. Thanks to Aunt Cindy for the free tickets/parking.
I hope this month has been a great one for everyone. I am officially due next month since it is Sept. 1st today. Pregnancy is still going well. This baby is going to give Abbi a run for her money. She is so active. It feels like she is constantly doing somersaults, probably why I am still feeling queezy. We are so excited to meet her. It's starting to sink in that we have so much to do.
Love to you all!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

If I remember correctly our first trip to the ER was with Kali when she tripped on bleachers when we were leaving one of your volleyball games! :) And they're right...first of many...I also pray for breaks inbetween!

Hope this last month of your pregnancy goes well!

Kritta22 said...

I'm still hoping for Oct 30. That's a great day!

Kritta22 said...

Poor Abbi and her nose! She already has stories to tell!

Valerie said...

Already read about the season start - congratulations to all! Trips to the ER may or may not become routine, but I've found most moms can handle almost anything initially, it's always after the fact that we fall apart, so hang in there. No pics of you? Check my blog for our new family member!

Melinda H. said...

So I was going to tell you that you are welcome to borrow my maternity clothes, but I didn't realize that you are almost done! But if you still need some, let me know.

Don't worry about the ER visits, with 4 boys I have only been there a couple of times. I guess I would've gone more if Greg hadn't done some of the stitching at his office. Abbi is a trooper.

If you think the fair was a lot funner with kids, wait until Christmas. All those exciting feelings you had as a child, that went away as you grow into adulthood, all come back ten-fold! It's so fun to see kids get excited about anything!

9 of Us said...

Abbi looks like she had a blast! What a big girl. Poor Jolee had to sit in the stroller for most of the fair because we were too busy watching all of the other kids!

9 of Us said...

Abbi looks like she had a blast! What a big girl. Poor Jolee had to sit in the stroller for most of the fair because we were too busy watching all of the other kids!